Tips for Spotting and Reporting an Impaired Driver from Your Burnaby Professional Driving School
Impaired driving is among the leading causes of driving-related fatalities. Driving under the influence is not only dangerous to the driver who is impaired, but also other drivers and pedestrians around them. Our Burnaby driving instructors cannot stress enough the dangers of driving impaired.
Our Burnaby driving school has put together a list of 10 possible signs of an impaired driver:
1. Driving too fast or slow, or at inconsistent speeds
2. Drifting in and out of lanes
3. Tailgating or changing lanes frequently and suddenly
4. Making very wide turns
5. Cutting off other drivers
6. Either stopping too far ahead of the stop line, or too far back
7. Disregarding signals and lights
8. Approaching and leaving lights or stop signs too slowly or too quickly
9. Driving without headlights or leaving turn signals on
10. Driving with windows down in cold weather
If you think you spot an impaired driver, our Burnaby professional driving school recommends to:
1. Keep your distance from the suspected impaired driver
2. If safe to do so, pull over and call 911
3. Get a description of vehicle, such as make, model, license plate, description of the driver and the direction they are headed
Remember - never try to apprehend the driver yourself.
During our Burnaby driving lessons, we remind our students the dangers of driving impaired. We ensure they know how to spot and safely report an impaired driver. To book driving lessons with our driving school Burnaby, give us a call at 778-889-7167 or visit our website to book your lessons online!