Gold Star Professional Driving School offers pre-employment training for employers who would like to ensure that their current or prospective employees are capable of operating a tractor-trailer safely, efficiently, and reliably.
Gold Star provides quality and excellence in Class 1 training in Burnaby. We take great pride in our Entry Level Professional Truck Driver Training Program, where we teach our students the specialized skills they need to excel as safe, reliable drivers.
$140 - 1 hour Pre-employment Driver Evaluation
This is a seven-part examination of the candidate's skills:
1. Pre-Trip Inspection and Emergency Equipment
2. Placing Vehicle in Motion and Use of Controls (motor, clutch and transmission, brakes, steering, lights)
3. Coupling and Uncoupling
4. Backing and Parking (city and road)
5. Slowing and Stopping
6. Operating in Traffic, Passing, and Turning (turning, traffic signals and signs, intersections, grade crossings, passing, speed, courtesy and safety)
7. Special Air Brake Testing (optional)
Once complete, the employer will receive a written evaluation and results of the candidate's road test.
For a more extensive and in-depth evaluation, we offer our pre-employment driver evaluation in a two hour format ($280).